Skip to main content

Raising Money for Wounded Warrior Project

I am running the Tough Mudder for the third time this year. One of the most important aspects of this now tradition is raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project. The first year we raised $160. Last year, I raised over $550. My team as a whole raised over $700. 

Since the stakes were raised by enormous generosity last year, I will attempt to match those efforts. 

I, with the help of my team, am going carry a cinder block the length of the course. I will carry my cinder block from home to work and (nearly) everywhere I go. Last year, Tough Mudder HQ donated an extra $100 if Mudders would carry a brick through the course. After carrying this block the length of the 10+ miles and grueling obstacles, I will drop this block in the pile to have additional money donated.

I ask for you to show your generosity and honor those who have given so much.

Please follow the link below to donate to the Wounded Warrior Project.



- Brandon Ray

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Themed Branding and New Coffee Bags

I recently had a revelation about my brand. I recently finished Gary Vee's book Crushing It!  and posed a question on how to interact with people and not sound spamy. The guys over at Orange Cactus Coffee replied and then did one a short podcast to better explain their approach. I listened to and the MC referenced El Cantante from Muertos Coffee and it caught me off gaurd. I had actually forgotten that I themed all my socail media.

Review of Royal Coffee

It was Avengers weekend and I had my tickets purchased waaaay in advance. We do the early morning show because it is a lot less expensive. Naturally, we needed coffee to make sure we were fully alert to watch the awesomeness of Marvel. Therefore, we decided to stop at a little coffee shop I ran across called Royal Coffee. It was an interesting set up. It was more like a kiosk set up on the ground floor of a spa (nothing spa related on the bottom floor). There was some art on the walls and the setup had a nice modern look, clean and efficient. There was a single barista, which caused some operational issues. Truth is though, they couldn’t fit a second barista in there if they wanted to. They have a very interesting approach, which I happen to like a lot. In the Biltmore mall, they have 2 small kiosk type shops. They are like stores within stores. They essentially took over the mall by placing small, very manageable kiosks through the mall. That is a great idea.    ...

Developing My Palate with Press Coffee

With my re-branding efforts, I'm working to develop my palate. I need to be able to better taste the products that I'm providing. As a coffee roaster, I need to be able to tell what effects any changes I make has on the bean. The only way to do that is to taste. The hard part is that it's very difficult to distinguish what we taste. Most of us think in cave man perspectives, "mmm, good," or, "me no like." So, with that in mind, I decided to do a cupping with one of the best roasters in town.