Skip to main content

Barista Capsule


I was cruising through my back log of Coffee News emails and spotted this article that caught my eye: The Barista Capsule. I had to know what it was. I have been working on coffee cart plans for a while but could never really figure it out. It was always to big or too heavy, or we couldn’t figure out how to power everything. I realize I was most likely making it far too complicated, but these guys looked like they figured it out.


The Barista capsule is basically a coffee bar in a box. You can get it with 3 different configurations to account for how you want to brew. They have all the electrical accounted for, a purified water system, vibration reducing, heavy duty caster…it basically has it all. This looks like a perfect solution for that guy (like me) who wants to get into the business, but doesn't have the engineering skills to build his own cart.

The only thing that it doesn’t have is a price. They have sold some already, but I couldn’t find a price on line. I emailed them to see if they have a base price for their MK2 and MK2 with water options. I am totally in love with this product, but without a price, I can’t tell if the value is there. I’m a super small, no money in my pocket, hope to one day have a shop kind of coffee company. If this things rolls out at $5k, though that is small in the scheme of a business, it is still above what I can pay. I would also have to consider that in my scaling. If I have $5k to spend, I’m probably not going to spend it on a new bar. I’m going to buy a roaster. So the new bar, would fall into step 3 or 4.

Here is the article from Coffee News and the website link for the Barista Capsule. Check it out.



http://www.capsulemfg.com/products/barista-capsule


4/14/16 - UPDATE
-They responded to my pricing inquiry and said that the product starts at $8,550. That is a pretty stout starting price. I love the concept, but that prices me right out of the game. If you have an established business and can justify the spend, then this is probably awesome. If you don't have a business yet, that is probably more capital than you have. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Firecreek

It was getting late in the year and so my family and I decided to make a last minute trip up to Flagstaff to play in some snow before it all melted. It had been raining for days, but the weather app on our phone said it would snow that day. Sadly, it did not. Instead, we got rain...lots of rain. Since we had to wait out the storm, I used that opportunity to check out a coffee shop I have been wanting to try for a while, Firecreek Coffee.

Themed Branding and New Coffee Bags

I recently had a revelation about my brand. I recently finished Gary Vee's book Crushing It!  and posed a question on how to interact with people and not sound spamy. The guys over at Orange Cactus Coffee replied and then did one a short podcast to better explain their approach. I listened to and the MC referenced El Cantante from Muertos Coffee and it caught me off gaurd. I had actually forgotten that I themed all my socail media.

Review of Portola Coffee Roasters

My family and I were making our regular trip to Mecca (a.k.a. Disneyland). My wife is a creature of habit; but this time, I got her to try something new. I did some research for stuff to do around Disneyland...surprise, there isn't much. I found a poorly designed website for Old Town Orange. It is a really cool little strip of red brick buildings and boutique shops (a lot of antiques). There are also some really good restaurants. The kicker for going here was that I would get to try a coffee shop for a blog. Lo and behold, Portola Coffee Roaster is there.