Skip to main content

Review of Tim Finnegan's Pub



I have arrived at the conclusion that I need some help to get this business up off the ground. I have a habit of getting stuck in my thinking and need someone to bring fresh ideas to the table. So I reached out to a buddy of mine. We go quite a ways back. We worked together back when I was doing indie-film. I picked a place called Tim Finnegan's...having just listened to the song Finnegan's Wake, how could I not go here.



I new this place was not in the best part of town, but that didn't bother me. When I parked though, I had a moment of panic and looked around my car to see if there was anything that might motivate someone to break a window and take it. Luckily I have a kid, so the most inciting thing in my car was an Olaf pillow. This place looked ghetto. It was in the run down part of the run down area. The interesting thing is that there were some nice cars parked outside. That is usually a good sign.

I went in and was blown away. I half expected some shady dive bar, but it wasn't. It was a real (or as far as I know) pub. It was clean. Dark wood everywhere. A stone fireplace. It was perfect.

As I waited for my friend to arrive, I noticed there was a bracket for the Guinness Perfect Pour competition. The server explained that every year the pubs get together and do a Perfect Pour competition. Pouring Guinness correctly is a big deal. She said the winner this year was from Finnegan's. Therefore, it was decided, I had to order a Guinness.

It was done wonderfully. I don't think I have ever had a Guinness poured in way that by the time the server brought it to the table that it was still 3/4 creamy brown. The head was perfectly smooth, no big bubbles to make it dry. It was well executed.

I didn't get any food this time. The prices were a little high for a mid week meal. The menu looked decent though, a nice mix of traditional bar food mixed with what you would expect from an Irish pub.

If you are in the area and want a good Guinness and great relaxing atmosphere, this is the place to go. I highly recommend it.

http://timfinnegans.com/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Themed Branding and New Coffee Bags

I recently had a revelation about my brand. I recently finished Gary Vee's book Crushing It!  and posed a question on how to interact with people and not sound spamy. The guys over at Orange Cactus Coffee replied and then did one a short podcast to better explain their approach. I listened to and the MC referenced El Cantante from Muertos Coffee and it caught me off gaurd. I had actually forgotten that I themed all my socail media.

Developing My Palate with Press Coffee

With my re-branding efforts, I'm working to develop my palate. I need to be able to better taste the products that I'm providing. As a coffee roaster, I need to be able to tell what effects any changes I make has on the bean. The only way to do that is to taste. The hard part is that it's very difficult to distinguish what we taste. Most of us think in cave man perspectives, "mmm, good," or, "me no like." So, with that in mind, I decided to do a cupping with one of the best roasters in town.

Review of Firecreek

It was getting late in the year and so my family and I decided to make a last minute trip up to Flagstaff to play in some snow before it all melted. It had been raining for days, but the weather app on our phone said it would snow that day. Sadly, it did not. Instead, we got rain...lots of rain. Since we had to wait out the storm, I used that opportunity to check out a coffee shop I have been wanting to try for a while, Firecreek Coffee.