Skip to main content

Review of Small Town Coffee

If I were not so easily distracted, I probably wouldn't have noticed this new little coffee shop. Luckily, I have to look around at everything (which makes driving an adventure). I passed by and flipped a U-turn to come check it out.




The website isn't working, but the little shop has good reviews on yelp (http://www.yelp.com/biz/small-town-coffeehouse-glendale-2).

When I pulled up, I had very high hopes. I love this little complex they are in. It was ripe for a nice little community coffee shop. I was excited once I saw the sign out front. Maybe it's just me, but witty chalkboard A-frames are a good "sign." (yeah, that was really bad, I apologize.)

When I walked in the very first thing I noticed were the bags of coffee. They are bright red in a earth tone store. I wanted to look around but I had to stop and read the bag. They serve Dazbog Coffee (http://www.dazbog.com/). I had never heard of them before so I asked (who I assume to be) the owner/manager. He explained they were a roaster out of CO and he used them in his other shop in Scottsdale. I like the story of this roaster.

The second thing I noticed was that the owner/manager was actually very pleasant to deal with. Smiled and was open to conversation. His employee wasn't quite as open, she just took my money and went about her business.

I loved the layout and feel of the store. It had comfortable colors and good natural light. The food looked delicious (though I didn't try any) and the coffee was good. This is a place I could see myself spending an afternoon working on my writing or business plan.

Now, into the coffee. I had the House Blend. Right off the bat, there was nothing special about it. It was tasty coffee that I really enjoyed, but I wasn't really picking up any specifics. I find this to be the case for most blends. The coffee actually got better as it cooled. It had some nice chocolate notes. It paired perfectly with the doughnuts I picked up on the way home.

Overall, I would recommend this place. It is comfortable, the coffee is good, but the place is small. If I lived in the area, this would a third place for me.



P.S. I'm sorry for not posting last Friday. I was cooking for my daughters 1st birthday party. And I'm posting early because I will be in Disneyland the rest of the week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Firecreek

It was getting late in the year and so my family and I decided to make a last minute trip up to Flagstaff to play in some snow before it all melted. It had been raining for days, but the weather app on our phone said it would snow that day. Sadly, it did not. Instead, we got rain...lots of rain. Since we had to wait out the storm, I used that opportunity to check out a coffee shop I have been wanting to try for a while, Firecreek Coffee.

Themed Branding and New Coffee Bags

I recently had a revelation about my brand. I recently finished Gary Vee's book Crushing It!  and posed a question on how to interact with people and not sound spamy. The guys over at Orange Cactus Coffee replied and then did one a short podcast to better explain their approach. I listened to and the MC referenced El Cantante from Muertos Coffee and it caught me off gaurd. I had actually forgotten that I themed all my socail media.

KAHHN!!...wait, no...COOONNN!!!!

I must first apologize for not posting in quite some time. The birth of my baby girl took priority for a while. It also took my sleep and higher brain functions as well. I’m back and this blog is going to change slightly. So stay tuned. So, what got me back into the saddle? Coffee Con LA. I am super stoked for this. Yes, William Shatner yelling and chasing down Kahn excited.