Skip to main content

Review of Bergies Coffee


My wife and I were invited to a little party out in Downtown Gilbert. It was a crazy long drive, but well worth it. It is like a little piece of Radiator Springs right in the middle of Arizona, minus the talking cars. I love this little street. If it wasn't an hour drive, I would spend a lot of time there.

We were sitting out on the patio of one restaurant and I was longing to be at the BBQ restaurant across the street. Then I realized there was a little coffee shop across the street. It was getting late so my wife googled when it closed...I had 4 minutes before it closed. I hesitated for a  moment, but the walk signal turned on the cross walk switch to go and I made a break for it.


I didn't get much time to admire the massive patio on the way in, because I was trying to slide in before they locked up. I strolled in and the guy behind the bar said they were closed, but he was pumping the coffee out of the air pots. I was like, "hey, I just wanted to grab some black coffee to review for my blog..." He pulled a cup and pumped some of the left over coffee and sent me on my way.

The coffee shop was just a little portable building that was well shaped in side, but not meant to hold a lot of people. The goal was definitely to have people outside on the patio. The patio had hanging lights and a charming secret garden kind of feel which was lovely on a cool night.

As for the coffee, it was good. Real good. I didn't get any information because they were closed when I snuck in and the barista was nice enough to give me some coffee to try, so I didn't want to push it. It had an earthy and dark chocolate flavor with a little dryness. My thought was that it was a well roasted Indonesian coffee, but I really don't know. I do know that the coffee was roasted and brewed well enough that I would go back and get more.

Overall, I strongly recommend hitting this spot if you find yourself out in Downtown Gilbert. The patio is wonderful (maybe not during summer) and the coffee is good.

http://www.bergiescoffee.com/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Firecreek

It was getting late in the year and so my family and I decided to make a last minute trip up to Flagstaff to play in some snow before it all melted. It had been raining for days, but the weather app on our phone said it would snow that day. Sadly, it did not. Instead, we got rain...lots of rain. Since we had to wait out the storm, I used that opportunity to check out a coffee shop I have been wanting to try for a while, Firecreek Coffee.

Themed Branding and New Coffee Bags

I recently had a revelation about my brand. I recently finished Gary Vee's book Crushing It!  and posed a question on how to interact with people and not sound spamy. The guys over at Orange Cactus Coffee replied and then did one a short podcast to better explain their approach. I listened to and the MC referenced El Cantante from Muertos Coffee and it caught me off gaurd. I had actually forgotten that I themed all my socail media.

Review of Portola Coffee Roasters

My family and I were making our regular trip to Mecca (a.k.a. Disneyland). My wife is a creature of habit; but this time, I got her to try something new. I did some research for stuff to do around Disneyland...surprise, there isn't much. I found a poorly designed website for Old Town Orange. It is a really cool little strip of red brick buildings and boutique shops (a lot of antiques). There are also some really good restaurants. The kicker for going here was that I would get to try a coffee shop for a blog. Lo and behold, Portola Coffee Roaster is there.