Skip to main content

New Drink Contemplations

I'm in a pretty good rhythm with my farmer's market. It's kind of like a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off cycle that really allows me to have a life. It also allows me to time to think up what to do next. One of the biggest trends that I see right now is having some sort of signature drink.



In Az it is hot, almost all the time. So, if I don't have a strong iced drink game then there isn't much hope for me. That is why I think a lot of coffee shops do tea. Though I know there are people out there that prefer tea to coffee, but their weirdos. Tea has a lot of fruity options that goes really well with ice. I also think people assume dark and coffee doesn't sound well when its hot. When its hot, you want bright and fruity. Think about it...what are all the Gatorade and Powerade flavors? Fruit. Because when your hot and sweating, you don't dark chocolate.

If I were going to do just an ice coffee, I would probably do something like a natural processed bean that has just all out blueberries or strawberries. That would require me to have a second bean option, which I am not currently able to do financially. So what do I do?

I look at the other end of the cold coffee spectrum...coffee ice cream. I consider everything from Frappuccinos, to iced mochas to Dutch Brothers as coffee ice cream. It is coffee...ice...sugar...and cream.

I did the whole cold brew thing last year and didn't like it. I made a bunch of money, but lost a lot of coffee. I think there is still value there, but it needs more work.

Now to do an iced mocha, I would need espresso...but I'm not quite ready for espresso. Espresso is a serious game that kills street cred real fast if not done right. So I want to wait until I can do it right. So what can do instead?

LIGHT BULB

I have my burners out for the farmers market because I'm brewing hot coffee and I have only needed to use one at a time. I want to use my Moka pot to make espresso. Right now I'm toying with a Mayan Moka, or a Mexican Moka. Chocolate, cinnamon and a pinch of red pepper would  make for a very unique beverage. I have saved some recipes that I want to try out along with some Mexican hot chocolate cookies that I may try my hand at.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Firecreek

It was getting late in the year and so my family and I decided to make a last minute trip up to Flagstaff to play in some snow before it all melted. It had been raining for days, but the weather app on our phone said it would snow that day. Sadly, it did not. Instead, we got rain...lots of rain. Since we had to wait out the storm, I used that opportunity to check out a coffee shop I have been wanting to try for a while, Firecreek Coffee.

Themed Branding and New Coffee Bags

I recently had a revelation about my brand. I recently finished Gary Vee's book Crushing It!  and posed a question on how to interact with people and not sound spamy. The guys over at Orange Cactus Coffee replied and then did one a short podcast to better explain their approach. I listened to and the MC referenced El Cantante from Muertos Coffee and it caught me off gaurd. I had actually forgotten that I themed all my socail media.

KAHHN!!...wait, no...COOONNN!!!!

I must first apologize for not posting in quite some time. The birth of my baby girl took priority for a while. It also took my sleep and higher brain functions as well. I’m back and this blog is going to change slightly. So stay tuned. So, what got me back into the saddle? Coffee Con LA. I am super stoked for this. Yes, William Shatner yelling and chasing down Kahn excited.