Skip to main content

Pour Over Coffee Station


I posted on Twitter that I was going to try my hand at roasting again over the long weekend but focused on building my pour over station instead. It wasn't hard, but did end up costing me a little more than anticipated. Here is what it took to make it:


Materials
  • 2 ceramic pour over brewers: $6.99/each at World Market (http://www.worldmarket.com/product/red-euro-coffee-dripper.do?&refType=&from=Search)
  • (1) 1/2in x 6in x 4 ft piece of wood sturdy wood (probably only need 2 ft, but the extra gives you room for error): About $5
  • Wood stain and sand paper to your taste
  • 3/8in Galvanized pipe: About $35
    • 2 - end caps (feet)
    • 3 - 4in pipes (legs and neck)
    • 1 - 3 in pipe (neck)
    • 1 - T - coupler (center of base)
    • 4 - 90º couplers (legs and neck)
    • 1 - 12 in pipe (main staff)
    • 2 - 6in pipes (from T to legs)
    • 1 - 4 in flange (for securing the board)
  • (4) 1-1/4 in bolts with nuts: About $4
Tools
  • Drill
  • 2-1/2 in hole bit
  • 1/4 in drill bit
  • pencil
  • ruler
Two major tips for putting this together:
1) Do not tighten the pipes until you are ready to finish. They do not come apart easily.
2) Be careful with your measuring.

Other than that, it is pretty self explanatory. I made this just by looking at a picture.

Post some pictures in the comments of brewers you have made!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm almost ready for KickStarter

I've really looking at how I can make this happen. When it comes down to everything, I need to roast my own beans. I know the multi-roaster model is doing well right now, but I just can't fork up the time or money to jump in like that. That would be a very high risk approach. Knowing that I have to support my family, how can make this happen?

Developing My Palate with Press Coffee

With my re-branding efforts, I'm working to develop my palate. I need to be able to better taste the products that I'm providing. As a coffee roaster, I need to be able to tell what effects any changes I make has on the bean. The only way to do that is to taste. The hard part is that it's very difficult to distinguish what we taste. Most of us think in cave man perspectives, "mmm, good," or, "me no like." So, with that in mind, I decided to do a cupping with one of the best roasters in town.

First Farmers Market

I served my first farmer's market on 1/6. There is a random little restaurant in the middle of our neighborhoods that hosts this market on the first Saturday of every month. It was a bit of a mixed experience.