Skip to main content

It’s Official…I Exist

No, this is not some existential confession. It means I finally got approved by the Arizona Corporation Commission. I’m finally a company!

Now, for the next steps.

I still have a few more pieces of paper work that I have to do before I am 100% official, but it’s easy stuff. To make it completely official, I have to publish my filing. That isn’t hard. I just need to send the document and pay $20. Easy peasy.

The next step after that will be to get my food handlers license. I haven’t had to do that in like 10 years, so I’m going to have to study on up on the cooking temperature of Turkey (because every coffee professional should know this).

Once I have my food handlers license, I will have to start researching on how to become registered as a “home baker.” That is how I will be approved to sell direct to consumers. That is the last piece I need to be legal.

So, my goal this year is not particularly ambitious. I want to sell a cup of coffee to someone. That’s it. There’s just a lot of steps to get to that one little goal. I’m almost there though. Once I’m legal, I will have to start determining if I should buy coffee or paper products. I’m currently thinking I will start purchasing paper products because I don’t have to worry about their quality going down over the next 6 months in a hot garage. But…I will be buying a new coffee and it will take me a while to dial into the roast.


Decisions. Decisions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Themed Branding and New Coffee Bags

I recently had a revelation about my brand. I recently finished Gary Vee's book Crushing It!  and posed a question on how to interact with people and not sound spamy. The guys over at Orange Cactus Coffee replied and then did one a short podcast to better explain their approach. I listened to and the MC referenced El Cantante from Muertos Coffee and it caught me off gaurd. I had actually forgotten that I themed all my socail media.

Developing My Palate with Press Coffee

With my re-branding efforts, I'm working to develop my palate. I need to be able to better taste the products that I'm providing. As a coffee roaster, I need to be able to tell what effects any changes I make has on the bean. The only way to do that is to taste. The hard part is that it's very difficult to distinguish what we taste. Most of us think in cave man perspectives, "mmm, good," or, "me no like." So, with that in mind, I decided to do a cupping with one of the best roasters in town.

Review of Firecreek

It was getting late in the year and so my family and I decided to make a last minute trip up to Flagstaff to play in some snow before it all melted. It had been raining for days, but the weather app on our phone said it would snow that day. Sadly, it did not. Instead, we got rain...lots of rain. Since we had to wait out the storm, I used that opportunity to check out a coffee shop I have been wanting to try for a while, Firecreek Coffee.