Skip to main content

Whole Bean Sales to Begin with Dia de Los Muertos



It has been a long time coming, but I have finally decided to launch my whole bean sales!


I posted recently that I made the leap and purchased my first full bag of coffee. It was expensive and has had me worried. Starting a business is scary. For one, I worried that no one would like my coffee and I would be stuck with 150lbs of green coffee...granted I'd drink it eventually, but still...that's a lot of coffee. Secondly, coffee is my craft. If no one likes it, then that says I'm not good enough. That's no reason to throw in the towel, but still that fear of rejection lingers in my brain. I have come to believe that fear is what keeps us all from doing great things.

Well, I'm choosing to not be afraid anymore. Coffee is what I want to do. The dream for my life is to have a coffee shop that can support my family. I would love for my daughter to grow up and work there. Coffee shops are great training grounds for work and life. So no more wasting time worrying about what other people think. Time to go.

And what better time to launch it then Dia de los Muertos.

It won't be easy to get the word out...sound like I'm going to get in trouble for advertising it at my day job (underground coffee sales sounds so...rebellious, HA!). I'm gonna hit Facebook and Twitter and see if can start to build the friends and family circle and hopefully word of mouth will take off.

I will see how it goes and see what we can make happen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm almost ready for KickStarter

I've really looking at how I can make this happen. When it comes down to everything, I need to roast my own beans. I know the multi-roaster model is doing well right now, but I just can't fork up the time or money to jump in like that. That would be a very high risk approach. Knowing that I have to support my family, how can make this happen?

First Farmers Market

I served my first farmer's market on 1/6. There is a random little restaurant in the middle of our neighborhoods that hosts this market on the first Saturday of every month. It was a bit of a mixed experience.

Developing My Palate with Press Coffee

With my re-branding efforts, I'm working to develop my palate. I need to be able to better taste the products that I'm providing. As a coffee roaster, I need to be able to tell what effects any changes I make has on the bean. The only way to do that is to taste. The hard part is that it's very difficult to distinguish what we taste. Most of us think in cave man perspectives, "mmm, good," or, "me no like." So, with that in mind, I decided to do a cupping with one of the best roasters in town.