Skip to main content

Review of Tim Finnegan's Pub



I have arrived at the conclusion that I need some help to get this business up off the ground. I have a habit of getting stuck in my thinking and need someone to bring fresh ideas to the table. So I reached out to a buddy of mine. We go quite a ways back. We worked together back when I was doing indie-film. I picked a place called Tim Finnegan's...having just listened to the song Finnegan's Wake, how could I not go here.



I new this place was not in the best part of town, but that didn't bother me. When I parked though, I had a moment of panic and looked around my car to see if there was anything that might motivate someone to break a window and take it. Luckily I have a kid, so the most inciting thing in my car was an Olaf pillow. This place looked ghetto. It was in the run down part of the run down area. The interesting thing is that there were some nice cars parked outside. That is usually a good sign.

I went in and was blown away. I half expected some shady dive bar, but it wasn't. It was a real (or as far as I know) pub. It was clean. Dark wood everywhere. A stone fireplace. It was perfect.

As I waited for my friend to arrive, I noticed there was a bracket for the Guinness Perfect Pour competition. The server explained that every year the pubs get together and do a Perfect Pour competition. Pouring Guinness correctly is a big deal. She said the winner this year was from Finnegan's. Therefore, it was decided, I had to order a Guinness.

It was done wonderfully. I don't think I have ever had a Guinness poured in way that by the time the server brought it to the table that it was still 3/4 creamy brown. The head was perfectly smooth, no big bubbles to make it dry. It was well executed.

I didn't get any food this time. The prices were a little high for a mid week meal. The menu looked decent though, a nice mix of traditional bar food mixed with what you would expect from an Irish pub.

If you are in the area and want a good Guinness and great relaxing atmosphere, this is the place to go. I highly recommend it.

http://timfinnegans.com/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm almost ready for KickStarter

I've really looking at how I can make this happen. When it comes down to everything, I need to roast my own beans. I know the multi-roaster model is doing well right now, but I just can't fork up the time or money to jump in like that. That would be a very high risk approach. Knowing that I have to support my family, how can make this happen?

Developing My Palate with Press Coffee

With my re-branding efforts, I'm working to develop my palate. I need to be able to better taste the products that I'm providing. As a coffee roaster, I need to be able to tell what effects any changes I make has on the bean. The only way to do that is to taste. The hard part is that it's very difficult to distinguish what we taste. Most of us think in cave man perspectives, "mmm, good," or, "me no like." So, with that in mind, I decided to do a cupping with one of the best roasters in town.

Review of Boss Coffee

In the process of re-branding, we are working on starting a podcast (more to come later). I have been researching and wanted to touch base with someone who is running a podcast that sounds good. So, I reached out to the guys at Orange Cactus Coffee ( www.orangecactuscoffee.com ) here in Az. Jake got back to me and said that he was going to be in town the next day on a coffee crawl. One of the shops he was stopping at was Boss Coffee. I've been wanting to review this place for a while, so I caught up him there.