Skip to main content

Review of Bergies Coffee


My wife and I were invited to a little party out in Downtown Gilbert. It was a crazy long drive, but well worth it. It is like a little piece of Radiator Springs right in the middle of Arizona, minus the talking cars. I love this little street. If it wasn't an hour drive, I would spend a lot of time there.

We were sitting out on the patio of one restaurant and I was longing to be at the BBQ restaurant across the street. Then I realized there was a little coffee shop across the street. It was getting late so my wife googled when it closed...I had 4 minutes before it closed. I hesitated for a  moment, but the walk signal turned on the cross walk switch to go and I made a break for it.


I didn't get much time to admire the massive patio on the way in, because I was trying to slide in before they locked up. I strolled in and the guy behind the bar said they were closed, but he was pumping the coffee out of the air pots. I was like, "hey, I just wanted to grab some black coffee to review for my blog..." He pulled a cup and pumped some of the left over coffee and sent me on my way.

The coffee shop was just a little portable building that was well shaped in side, but not meant to hold a lot of people. The goal was definitely to have people outside on the patio. The patio had hanging lights and a charming secret garden kind of feel which was lovely on a cool night.

As for the coffee, it was good. Real good. I didn't get any information because they were closed when I snuck in and the barista was nice enough to give me some coffee to try, so I didn't want to push it. It had an earthy and dark chocolate flavor with a little dryness. My thought was that it was a well roasted Indonesian coffee, but I really don't know. I do know that the coffee was roasted and brewed well enough that I would go back and get more.

Overall, I strongly recommend hitting this spot if you find yourself out in Downtown Gilbert. The patio is wonderful (maybe not during summer) and the coffee is good.

http://www.bergiescoffee.com/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm almost ready for KickStarter

I've really looking at how I can make this happen. When it comes down to everything, I need to roast my own beans. I know the multi-roaster model is doing well right now, but I just can't fork up the time or money to jump in like that. That would be a very high risk approach. Knowing that I have to support my family, how can make this happen?

Developing My Palate with Press Coffee

With my re-branding efforts, I'm working to develop my palate. I need to be able to better taste the products that I'm providing. As a coffee roaster, I need to be able to tell what effects any changes I make has on the bean. The only way to do that is to taste. The hard part is that it's very difficult to distinguish what we taste. Most of us think in cave man perspectives, "mmm, good," or, "me no like." So, with that in mind, I decided to do a cupping with one of the best roasters in town.

Investment In Learning

I have decided to actually invest in my coffee knowledge. It seems to help solidify something within me. It is strange how paying money helps make things real. I have decided to participate in “A Closer Look Into Coffee” presented by Press Coffee ( http://www.presscoffeeaz.com/press/blog.php ). I looked over the schedule and it is pretty well rounded. I also have the ability to get Barista Guild Level 1 Certified at the end. I’m not sure I want to invest into the BGA yet. I don’t see the value at this stage.