Skip to main content

Bean Qaulity

I recently came into possession of some green Sumatra beans. I have not roasted anything from Indonesia yet and am looking forward to it.

One of the first things I noticed was the inconsistency of the beans. There were some big ones, some very small ones, some dark ones and light one. They were all over the place. I had not run into this before and am not sure how it will affect the cup (most likely not good).

Now I know it is cheating to use one blog to write another blog. Death Wish Coffee actually has some really good blog posts, so I recommend checking them out. I'm not the biggest fan of their coffee, but I am a big fan of their company.

They did a blog titled "6 Ugly-Ass Coffee Beans." I found it interesting and thought I would share.

http://www.deathwishcoffee.com/blogs/news/28984833-6-ugly-ass-coffee-beans


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm almost ready for KickStarter

I've really looking at how I can make this happen. When it comes down to everything, I need to roast my own beans. I know the multi-roaster model is doing well right now, but I just can't fork up the time or money to jump in like that. That would be a very high risk approach. Knowing that I have to support my family, how can make this happen?

Developing My Palate with Press Coffee

With my re-branding efforts, I'm working to develop my palate. I need to be able to better taste the products that I'm providing. As a coffee roaster, I need to be able to tell what effects any changes I make has on the bean. The only way to do that is to taste. The hard part is that it's very difficult to distinguish what we taste. Most of us think in cave man perspectives, "mmm, good," or, "me no like." So, with that in mind, I decided to do a cupping with one of the best roasters in town.

Investment In Learning

I have decided to actually invest in my coffee knowledge. It seems to help solidify something within me. It is strange how paying money helps make things real. I have decided to participate in “A Closer Look Into Coffee” presented by Press Coffee ( http://www.presscoffeeaz.com/press/blog.php ). I looked over the schedule and it is pretty well rounded. I also have the ability to get Barista Guild Level 1 Certified at the end. I’m not sure I want to invest into the BGA yet. I don’t see the value at this stage.