Skip to main content

Website Went Live



I know I haven't written in a while, it's been pretty busy for me lately. My blogging is directly correlated to how busy my day job is. We just went through a "restructuring" so my manager is constantly pushing to do more with less. Pretty corporate, I know.

There have been a few positive though. A co-worker took my coffee home with her to Tx and her family loved it so much they ordered 6 bags. Also, my website is up and running!



So, I've been taking orders on FaceBook and Instagram, which works, but is a little too loosey-goosey. If people don't comment on my post, I don't see the orders. Notifications can get lumped together an d I miss orders. Customer's don't get a lot of communication so there isn't a lot of confidence. It's a great way to start because it is completely free.

What I am most excited about with the website is the ability to receive an order, process a credit card online (like a real store), and keep the customer up to date on the status of their order. It will also allow me to coordinate delivery/pick-ups without looking like a FB stalker.

I'm also hoping that the ability to take credit cards online will open the door to people who don't want to go through the effort of a cash transaction. Let's face, cash is great for businesses, but is totally inconvenient for most shoppers.

It's still pretty sparse. I hope to connect with my artist friend and see if he wants to design some buttons for me. Something more unique than the normal pictures of coffee cherries and farmers, as has become typical of specialty coffee.

Any who...go check it out, if you have some thoughts on design for the buttons, let me know, and if you're in the North Valley then order some coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think I'm almost ready for KickStarter

I've really looking at how I can make this happen. When it comes down to everything, I need to roast my own beans. I know the multi-roaster model is doing well right now, but I just can't fork up the time or money to jump in like that. That would be a very high risk approach. Knowing that I have to support my family, how can make this happen?

Developing My Palate with Press Coffee

With my re-branding efforts, I'm working to develop my palate. I need to be able to better taste the products that I'm providing. As a coffee roaster, I need to be able to tell what effects any changes I make has on the bean. The only way to do that is to taste. The hard part is that it's very difficult to distinguish what we taste. Most of us think in cave man perspectives, "mmm, good," or, "me no like." So, with that in mind, I decided to do a cupping with one of the best roasters in town.

Investment In Learning

I have decided to actually invest in my coffee knowledge. It seems to help solidify something within me. It is strange how paying money helps make things real. I have decided to participate in “A Closer Look Into Coffee” presented by Press Coffee ( http://www.presscoffeeaz.com/press/blog.php ). I looked over the schedule and it is pretty well rounded. I also have the ability to get Barista Guild Level 1 Certified at the end. I’m not sure I want to invest into the BGA yet. I don’t see the value at this stage.